According to a recent article in the Harvard Business Review, there are six main areas that you need to assess to determine your level of leadership acumen...
- Anticipate - Do you constantly gather information from a wide network of experts and sources in order to stay on top of developments/challenges that may hit your business?
- Challenge - Do you reframe a problem from several angles to understand root causes? Do you seek out diverse views to see multiple sides of an issue?
- Interpret - Do you test multiple working hypotheses with others before coming to conclusions?
- Decide - Do you thoroughly assess an issue before taking action - evaluate tradeoffs and risks?
- Align - Do you consider key stakeholders best interests before determining your actions?
- Learn - Do you correct the course when you realize the direction you are headed is not the right path?