So what are the elements that increase job satisfaction and create engaged employees? Employees of organizations that are successful at creating a great work environment:
1) Have a clear understanding of the company vision - why it is in business.
2) Have a clear understanding of how their contributions help the business meet its vision.
3) Have the training to do a great job.
4) Are being held accountable for the work they do - with clear feedback on performance.
5) Are respected by their supervisor and peers. (Most people don't leave a "company", they leave their supervisor)
6) Feel a sense of community/shared values with co-workers.
Now you may look at this list and say these factors are obvious...but you'd be surprised how many organizations miss the mark on making sure they gain traction on the simple things! Is your organization one of them?